Maren and Angela are college friends, turned public school teachers, turned homeschooling mamas, turned podcast hosts. They are on today talking about how to follow our children’s lead when it comes to learning and growing. Their show, Homeschool Unrefined, is a place where they keep homeschool simple, real and fun.
What you will hear in during the show:
- College friends turned podcast co-hosts
- Public school teachers that became homeschooling mamas
- Sensed the need for encouragement and empowerment amongst homeschool parents
- SM gives a false impression for what homeschool looks like
- Inspired to show the “real” homeschool experience
- Deciding to homeschool, desire for more connection and less schedule
- Freedom to travel
- Maren and Angela want parents to feel good about what they are already doing
- Easy to look at what others are doing then seeing deficit in what you are doing
- Your kids need you as a parent, and all of your particular skills
- Vastness of homeschooling
- Biggest challenges in the community: parents lacking confidence, letting go of perfectionism
- Being conscious about what your main goal is
- Letting your children take the lead – focus on connection, follow their interest
- Paradigm shift - kids are going to learn when they are ready
- Early entry into extra-curricular activities
- Simplicity Parenting John Paine
- Supporting kids through their changes of heart
- It is a skill to know when to walk away – Angela’s roller blading story
- The process of navigating waning interest is rich
- Casey and Rowan’s guitar lesson story, letting go of the dream
- Stay connected, no matter your schooling decisions – make it authentically yours
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
From Angela - “Having the courage to trust yourself and yoru child. You know your child and they are going to learn the most e when they feel connected to you. It takes a cot of courage to let go of all the noise around you and be able to trust you.”
From Maren - “Being confident in who you are – that takes work, takes work to understand and realize who I am is good. That’s the courageous parent – the joyful part is finding joy in the processes of everything. This is a process, it isn’t perfect – if you can find joy in that you will find joy in so many things.”
Where to find Angela and Maren:
Mother’s Journey to Joyful Courage - PNW FALL TOUR!!
Registration remains open for my Seattle, Portland AND BOISE events and SPACE IS LIMITED so you are going to want to sign up NOW and reserve your spot.
Coaching with Casey
Are you playing with the idea of one on one coaching? I currently have a few spots available in my schedule and would LOVE to work with you.
Coaching with Casey is a three month commitment. We will explore your vision for parenting and even bigger, how you want to show up for your life. We explore mindset, and how shifts in mindset create big shifts in relationship. And finally, we deep dive into the tools and strategies of Positive Discipline for teaching, modeling and practicing life skills.
Coaching is an investment. If you would like to find out more, and explore the possibility that coaching is a good fit for you, schedule a 20 minute explore call. Click here and we will schedule our call!
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!