Big thanks to the community! Thank you for listening and supporting the work of Joyful Courage!
Please pass on this show to AT LEAST one person who you think it will land with! Your sharing helps me grow and expand this work – YOU are helping to create the impact and make the world a better place.
- I am on the journey with you, I am with you! Highs and lows, you are my peeps!
- The teen saga continues….
- Having a teen is like birth, you think you’re so prepared and then…. Reality hits!
- Teen brain experiences everything so intensely
- Eps 115 was all about trust and surrender
- Celebrate the relationship
- Using and developing breath as a tool
- 4:45 Our children are our teachers – they picked us!
- We don’t know what we don’t know and our children highlight that for us
- Their way of being invites our “stuff” to the surface
- We then choose how to respond
- End of the day – they are operating from their developmental place, limited skills, brain development
- 7:50 Parenting is a never-ending growth and development workshop – we can choose to resist or to grow/evolve
- 9:15 There is a purpose to this journey
- Let’s live a life where we are paying attention
- Our children show us stepping stones to our own growth
- When we choose into growth and learning we can influence the experience we are having
- You can only change yourself, you can’t change others
- Positive Discipline for Teenagers
- Mistakes our kids make can rock our foundation and philosophy around parenting
- Being kind and firm at the same time is one of the pillars
- Peeling back layers of what that ^^ means
- Kindness only = permissive
- Firmness only = authoritarian
- Kind isn’t NICE, it’s connected, firm is respecting ourselves and the situation
- It’s about progress not perfection, and becoming ever more AWARE of what is happening for us
- Making agreements is a kind and firm PD parenting tool
- Get into our child’s world, here what their needs are, share what we need, make a plan together, declare a deadline, follow through (parents)
- “What was our agreement?”
- It’s not about being nice while we deliver a consequence…
- The invitation is to make agreements with YOUR children
- Not necessarily about the problem we solve, instead it is more about the life skills the kids are practicing inside of the agreement-making
- Not about finding a solution that lasts forever – every solution has a shelf life
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
What do you think about the Daily Intention Cards??? These cards are designed to support you in your conscious, intentional parenting practice.
Get yours now – http://www.joyfulcourage.com/intentioncards
FAMILY MEETING ECOURSE
6 week email course that guides you in setting up the family meeting routine/practice. It is on demand so that as soon as you sign up the emails will begin to show up in your inbox!
Sign up now:
COACHING WITH CASEY
Are you playing with the idea of one on one coaching? I currently have a few spots available in my schedule and would LOVE to work with you.
Coaching with Casey is a three month commitment. We will explore your vision for parenting and even bigger, how you want to show up for your life. We explore mindset, and how shifts in mindset create big shifts in relationship. And finally, we deep dive into the tools and strategies of Positive Discipline for teaching, modeling and practicing life skills.
Coaching is an investment. If you would like to find out more, and explore the possibility that coaching is a good fit for you, schedule a 20 minute explore call. Click here and we will schedule our call!
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!