What Fresh Hell Podcast Promo
You can listen to What Fresh Hell on your IOS device, Android or through the website
My guest today is Tosha Schore, M.A. Tosha brings a burst of energy and optimism to parenting, and will lift your parenting confidence! She is an expert at simple solutions to what feel like overwhelmingly complicated problems.
A sought after coach, author and speaker, Tosha is committed to creating a more peaceful world, one sweet boy at a time. Through her online and in-person offerings, she supports parents to care for themselves, connect with their boys deeply, set limits lovingly, and play wildly.
Tosha is a trainer of Hand in Hand Parenting and co-author with the organization's founder, Patty Wipfler, of "Listen: Five Simple Tools to Meet Your Everyday Challenges." She is also creator of the wildly popular "Parenting Boys Peacefully! A FREE 10-Day Reconnect," and the new online course, "Out With Aggression!"
- Raising boys in these days of toxic masculinity
- Taking a hard look at the ways that men are conditioned
- Creating a more peaceful world, one sweet boy at a time
- The question of how to help our boys grow into emotionally intelligent men who don’t see women as objects is worldwide
- How to help our boys grow up to be peaceful – Huff Post article
- Move beyond the anger and the fear to what we can DO
- Opportunity shows up in raising our boys
- We need to teach our boys that there are lots of ways to be close that aren’t sexual
- It’s ok to talk, cuddle, hold hands – lots of ways of being intimate
- Documentary of The Mask You Live In
- Not giving permission to boys for having intimate friendships with other boys
- Navigating the jockeying for power among boys
- Redefining what it means to be masculine
- What is being modeled in the homes for our boys?
- Increase our own emotional intelligence and pay attention to how we navigate and model our own upset
- Boys being encouraged to stuff their emotions
- Not comfortable with allowing our boys the time and space to have feelings
- Help them feel comfortable with their full array of emotions – not just anger
- Popular culture isn’t helpful
- Advocate/ Fight for the right of our boys to have feelings
- AND advocate for them to make mistakes and learn from them
- When our boys make mistakes we need to help them
- Talk about music lyrics and porn and do it when they are YOUNG
- Amy Lang – parent educator, parenting through our children’s sexual development
- Start talking to your boys
- Don’t let your discomfort get in the way of letting our boys be their whole selves
- Amy’s short video about having convos about sexual harassment/assault with our kids
- Talking to our kids about standing up to friends who are harassing others
- Seize opportunities for modeling/showing them what it looks like to “do what’s right”
- Story of masculinity inside of supporting a woman on Reddit
- Acknowledging that standing up for what is right is challenging!!
- Teachable moments are when they make mistakes and getting into mischief
- Final thoughts – “hurt people hurt people” – boys and men are hurting and therefore hurting others… when we help them heal from their hurts, we are solving the problem
Where to find Tosha:
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
What do you think about the Daily Intention Cards??? These cards are designed to support you in your conscious, intentional parenting practice.
Get yours now – http://www.joyfulcourage.com/intentioncards
Joyful Courage SHIRTS!!
Women cut tanks and tees are ready for you to BUY NOW!! Wearable reminders for how you want to show up in the world.
Get yours now --> http://www.joyfulcourage.com/jcshirts
FAMILY MEETING ECOURSE
6 week email course that guides you in setting up the family meeting routine/practice. It is on demand so that as soon as you sign up the emails will begin to show up in your inbox!
Sign up now:
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!