It was my great pleasure to interview Shannon Younger from Tween US. You can find her blog on the Chicago Now website.
Shannon lives with her 12 year old in the suburbs of Chicago and has been blogging on Tween US for the past 3 years...
"When we are feeling pain in our own parenting practices, chances are, other parents are feeling the same way..." - Casey
"Doesn't have to be us vs. them." - Shannon
"Stand in your firmness within the context of being in relationship with your child." - Casey
Tweens and Social Media
* Take the out! Kids must be 13 to participate
* So much goes on that parents are unaware of. Check out your child's friends pages....
* Remember that internet isn't all bad - it can be a helpful/fun tool
- Bethany Mota You Tube Channel
* Take time to train and develop skills
* Communications skills
* Making agreements/setting boundaries together
* Central "charging station" at night (Shannon's is in her bedroom)
Lauren Steinberg - Author of The 10 Basic Principles of Goof Parenting
"My 12 was not the same as your 12, but my 12 was painful too." - Shannon
Stay connected by having fun, sharing laughs and reminding them they are a part of a family.
Let me know what you think!!!
I am here for you people! I treasure your feedback and look to you to let me know what you are finding helpful and what you want more of... You can leave a comment below OR you can send me a voice message by clicking on the SPEAK PIPE app over there - its super easy, don't be afraid...
Sign up to join my mailing list and be the first to know about new podcast episodes, blog posts and offerings from Joyful Courage
(Don't worry, your info is 100% safe with me)