"I want to support your efforts in any way I can. Your work ethic, support, and knowledge are impressive and an integral part of of my life as a parent and person right now."
If the podcast makes a difference in your life, if it is something you look forward to each week, consider become a patron!
Welcome! My guest today is Lori Petro, an advocate for children and families. Lori is a conscious parent educator and a mom to a young daughter. Our discussion today is around raising caring and sensitive children. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why a “conscious” parent educator?
- 13 Principles of Conscious Parenting (from Alfie Kohn)
- Behavior and Motives: Look UNDER the surface
- How we make kids be reactive
- The connection with our child is THE most important thing
- Children with unusual sensitivities
- Three areas to understand sensitive children: relationships, stress, and skills
- Explosive behavior and self-regulation
- Peace and mindfulness
- Noisy environments can be overwhelming
- Skill building
- Fixing stuff in my life
- Looking for signals
- What are they trying to tell me?
- Be who you are right now
If you’ re a parent and interested in learning parenting techniques from leading experts, then you’ ll want to attend the BE THE BEST PARENT YOU CAN BE – 2016 FREE Online Event! The summit will feature 20+ of the leading experts in the field of parenting, free of charge! Sign up today and be on your way to becoming a your best self!! #bethebestparentSIGN UP HERE
Join the Joyful Courage community in making a difference for families around the world! We are currently partnered with Hippo Roller Water Project and their mission to bring better access to water for families in Haiti. Every dollar makes a difference!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!