Welcome! My guest today is Kris Prochaska, a former therapist who uses her intuition, diagnostic skills, and ability to read people’s energy. Her desire is to coach women in how to embody sacred leadership at home and at work to listen and live according to their inner voice. Kris was a 2015 TEDxBend speaker and is the author of Life Well Spoken: Free Your Inner Voice and Prosper. She is a busy mom to Anja, 7, and Eli, 11, and is happily married to—and still in love with—her hubby, Mike.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Kris began her career journey as a therapist, but tired of focusing on what’s “wrong.” She wanted to discover what’s “right”!
- Kris approaches her coaching sessions under the premise that the client really does know best.
- Kris discusses her TED talk experience and the responses she received to her topic: Why don’t we see our kids as equals?
- Kris shares the irony in her TED talk in that she was not in alignment with her natural energy and truth.
- The goal in parenting is NOT to control our kids, but to teach them to use their tools to become their very best.
- Our kids are equally deserving of dignity and respect, but that doesn’t mean there are no limits or boundaries.
- The parenting attitude should be, “What’s in the highest and best good for our family in the long term?”
- We should listen to the voice of our kids and let them be a part of decision-making.
- We’re afraid if we teach them to listen to themselves that they will run rampant.
- The “little voices,”—do YOU hear them? They seek to make you look good, stay safe, and fit in-- -no matter what.
- How do you tell the difference between your “little voices” and your intuition?
- The “little voices” will make you feel small, constricted, and pressured.
- Your true inner voice is expansive, calm, and peaceful.
- Your energy shift can affect those around you.
What does Joyful Courage mean to you? “When we have the courage to step into that inner voice place and what we know, it takes courage to do that over and over again. The returns are infinite. That’s the blessing we give to the world.”
Want MORE?? Join the Joyful CourageTribe in our community Facebook group - Live and Love with Joyful Courage. Raising our children while growing ourselves...
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!