Today’s guest is Sharon Ballantine! With 3 children to parent, she turned to books for help with parenting, but she never had the time to read and process the information in the books. So, with no other options available to her, she decided to rely on her own intuition and her own Internal Guidance System for parenting. She began using this technique and the law of attraction to manifest exactly what she wanted as a parent. In this episode, Sharon shares exactly how she made it all happen! Join us!
Sharon Ballantine is a Parenting and Life Coach and Founder of the Ballantine Parenting Institute. Her book, The Art of Blissful Parenting, guides parents with practical as well as spiritual advice in raising their children. It also guides parents on how to get into alignment, discover and use their own IGS before they can teach their children.
In this episode Sharon also discusses:
- How to find answers within yourself
- You have an internal guidance system that begins with your feelings
- Why leaving the room can help you get “in alignment” to parent
- Physical movement can be a tool to help bring you into a centered place of alignment
- Changing the subject that is causing stress and bad energy can cause a shift in energy
- The teenage years are the years of “personal discovery”
- Parents spend the teen years in fear mode and resort to using control
- Whoever a teenager is today is not their final destination. Be patient; they will change.
- Why we want to avoid making our children feel bad at all costs
- Staying centered will give you the coping skills to deal with any kind of crazy you have to deal with
- “This too shall pass” - it is true especially for teens
- Ways to deal with teen behavior that is harmful
- Focusing on the future and consequences of actions can allow a teen to take responsibility and look at the big picture
- How to support your child’s development of their Internal Guidance System
- Ways her failures as a parent contributed to finding her Internal Guidance System
- What joyful courage means to her and how it contributes to bliss
Resources Mentioned on the Show:
The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
The Art of Blissful Parenting - Sharon Ballantine
Connect with Sharon:
Website - sharonballantine.com
The Intentional Parent Project
Interested? I would love for you to join me on this 10 week journey. Click here for more information.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!