Welcome! My guest today is Nicole Schwarz, who joined me for Episode 39 about helping kids deal with negative self-talk. She is a parent coach, child and family therapist, and the founder of Imperfect Families. All of us parents are in some phase of that back-to-school transition time, so let’s hear Nicole’s thoughts on this subject!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The nighttime routine: getting in the mindset of an earlier bedtime
- Essential family routines for back-to-school
- The power of shifting from “but” to “and”
- Urgency is contagious
- The importance of daily jobs for kids
- Why kids NEED to make their own lunch
- Homework: how parents can be supportive and available
- How to support rather than shame
- “The bad-kid cycle”
- How to stick with your kids through emotional blow-ups
- Why you can’t assume the problem OR the solution
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!