Today’s guest is Rachel Macy Stafford, founder of Handsfree Mama, best selling author and special education teacher. We are discussing letting go of distractions so you can focus on what really matters. Join us!
“There is no space for perfection in parenting and living boldly. I want to live bravely, boldly, flawed and full of hope.”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Parenting and opportunities to choose to be mindful
- Avoiding getting caught up in the moment as a practice
- Making a “presence” pledge to yourself
- Surrendering and learning to let go of control and expectations of mastery or of a certain outcome
- Raising future adults and allowing space for practice
- Self-care and the importance of “do nothing” moments
- The value of physical self-care
Only Love Today – pre-order until March 7
Where to find Rachel:
LET'S FEED SOME PEOPLE!!
I would love to invite you to join me in making 3,000 snack sacks over the next three months and take them to organizations that serve the hungry!!
Not one of us can make all those lunches ourselves - BUT ALL OF US TOGETHER SURE CAN!!
So here is the plan, host a gathering at your house and invite other families over. Have each family bring some supplies and together make as many snack sacks as you can!!
Click here for the Feed 3,000 Facebook Event Link
ParentMap is proud to present Dr. Laura Kastner for Tame the Tears: Parenting Positively on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at The Brockey Conference Center in West Seattle. Learn skills to help encourage positive behavior, manage those dreaded tantrums (yours and theirs!), teach emotional intelligence and strengthen the needed bond between child and parent.
Tickets on sale now.
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!