Today’s guest is Kim Muench, a mother of five, parenting writer, a certified parenting coach and lover of parents of adolescents. We are discussing navigating decisions around technology with our kids. Join us!
“Conscious parenting: being mindful and walking the tight rope between giving them autonomy and knowing when to step in and help them see the potential consequences of choices”
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Balancing your need for control and desire to protect your kids with providing access to benefits of smart phones
- Building trust, letting go of our own experiences and not projecting our own mischief (which can lead to friction)
- Navigating the tightrope: being honest, open and self-aware as you work through technology use with your kids
- Negotiating smart phone boundaries within your family
- Scaffolding social media communication – building progressively
- Adolescent boundary pushing as learning
- Falling off the tight rope – learning as a practice and getting back up
- Creating an agreement around technology usage – a collaborative approach subject to revision as needed initiated by either party
- Limits as helping
- Why you need open conversation about social media including topics such as safeguards and kindness
- Technology as distraction and disconnection
- Reassessing agreements on technology without blame and shame
- The value of eye contact and being fully present in resolving conflict
- How to address reigning in technology use under the umbrella of conscious parenting – identifying the source
- Working collaboratively vs exerting control – what are the outcomes of these approaches?
What does Joyful Courage mean to you?
Joyful Courage is embracing your authentic self with enthusiasm and being brave enough to share that with the world – it is an every day practice.
Where to find Kim:
LET'S FEED SOME PEOPLE!!
I would love to invite you to join me in making 3,000 snack sacks over the next three months and take them to organizations that serve the hungry!!
Not one of us can make all those lunches ourselves - BUT ALL OF US TOGETHER SURE CAN!!
So here is the plan, host a gathering at your house and invite other families over. Have each family bring some supplies and together make as many snack sacks as you can!!
Click here for the Feed 3,000 Facebook Event Link
Journey to Joy - a FREE mini ecourse
This month, I am offering you the chance to do the Journey to Joy mini-course as a way to honor all parents.
Journey to joy is about shifting the dynamics of your being to shift the dynamics of your home.
For more information (did I mention it is FREE?) click here. If you already know you are a yes, simply scroll to the bottom of that page, enter your email, and get ready to elevate your life!
Join the LIVING JOYFUL COURAGE information list TODAY and enjoy freebies and reminders for when it is time to REGISTER for the membership program!!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!