Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Click on the button to register
This 15 hour workshop is designed to support participants in learning all they need Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way (developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen) provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting groups. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to any program; it emphasizes experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change. Parents love the Parents Helping Parents Problem-Solving Steps because this process provides a fun and effective way for them to get specific help with real problems.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kindand firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Materials:
- Positive Discipline book
- Teaching Parenting manual
- Positive Discipline Tool Cards