My guests today are Shannon Kinney-Duh, creator of A Free Spirit Life, and Ashley Walburn, owner of Home Holistic, and the founders of The Mindful Mama Movement – a podcast, community that empowers mamas, encourages authentic living and celebrates what it means to live an inspired life.
Shannon and Ashley bring women from around the world, in all stages of motherhood, on a journey of learning how to trust ourselves, how to listen to their intuition, how to let go and forgive, and how to embrace imperfection in the mess of life. They inspire others to practice mothering from a place of presence, creativity, humor and wisdom.
- How Ashley and Shannon met
- The birth of the Mindful Mama Movement Podcast
- The power of trusting our gut is the work of parenting
- Popular opinion vs turning inward towards our intuition
- Inspiring women to trust themselves and reconnect to their own intuition
- Moving from survival to space in our life to enjoy it
- We are good at the head stuff by dropping into our heart is a powerful way to shift into being with our family
- HAHA!! Interrupted by the birth of a baby J ((real life people))
- Woohooo – Ashley shares the birth story that interrupted our show
- Creating communities for mamas
- Going to yoga class and staying for connection with other mamas
- Who are you? How are you? Inviting community to be together and real
- Being part of community allows us to discover our own value and wisdom
- Online communities can be places of powerful discovery, allowing for thought time and the possibility of going deeper
- Themes that show up in groups – “Am I doing it right?” “Am I okay?” “Is this normal?” “What am I outside of mom?” “How do I find balance and flow while being a good mom?”
- Exploring our roles
- People are seeking to be real
- We are better mamas when we nurture all parts of us
- Theme that shows up with mamas is desire for simplicity – declutter, let go, surrender
- Jaws theme music is not helpful!!
What does Joyful Courage mean to you:
Ashley: Joyful courage, I think for me… The biggest part of what I do, whether it is at a birth or meeting one on one with mothers, is really just finding your power and stepping into your own strength, not giving a shit, anything, a thought about what anyone else thinks – what do I really want? What does my baby really want? And go from my soul… I know this is right, and when I feel grounded and feel like myself, then I make decisions that are mine. When I feel like myself, then I feel braver to do everything. And it gives my kids permission to do the same.
Shannon: Ditto that, and adding having a playful, just making sure we are really following our heart, our instinct, and looking at taking risks with a sense of adventure – that is how I see my daily life – look at this without the jaws music, stay curios, stay playful and light - not always that way - we are so dang serious about this parenting stuff! I just want to look at taking risks and being brave with a sense of adventure, that’s joyful courage.
Where to find Ashley and Shannon:
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
31 cards for setting a daily intention around your way of BEING with your family. Available while supplies last at
Mother’s Journey to Joyful Courage
PNW FALL TOUR!!
Coaching with Casey
Are you playing with the idea of one on one coaching? I currently have a few spots available in my schedule and would LOVE to work with you.
Coaching with Casey is a three month commitment. We will explore your vision for parenting and even bigger, how you want to show up for your life. We explore mindset, and how shifts in mindset create big shifts in relationship. And finally, we deep dive into the tools and strategies of Positive Discipline for teaching, modeling and practicing life skills.
Coaching is an investment. If you would like to find out more, and explore the possibility that coaching is a good fit for you, schedule a 20 minute explore call. Click here and we will schedule our call!
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!