Today’s podcast was created in honor of the 159 parents who enrolled and engaged in the #joyfulcourage10.
Today we complete the program, and begin the practice of sustaining the magic and community that was created there, because of the people who showed up vulnerably, authentically, and courageously.
I love what I get to do.
Thank you to each of you that spent the last 10 days building relationship with me and each other. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
Alright – today’s theme for the show is authenticity and transparency.
Parenting as a journey
- Not a secret
- No hidden agenda
- About being in human relationship
- Life skills are learned through modeling
- Vulnerability and authenticity is learned through modeling
- Kicking it up a notch is lifting up and OUT of the modeling and being transparent
Human relationships are messy.
Parenting is messy.
Life-iing is messy.
When we actively, intentionally, decide to SHIFT the way we parent, we set ourselves up to be exposed as flawed humans.
- Hello vulnerability
- Hello humility
- Hello contrary to the “adults are always right”
While the whole Positive Discipline/Positive Parenting approach is SIMPLE – I mean, choose relationship and trust that your children will lean life skills – WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL???
Right, and then we are in life and it is a shit show.
- Self talk
- Giving up
All that modeling??? It is an opportunity to lift up and out of your experience and help you kids see you connecting the dots (or your partner, or you parent, sibling, friend)
- Share your journey
- Ask for help
- Let people know HOW you would like feedback
If you know with your WHOLE HEART that this makes sense to you, that you believe in this style of parenting, then also believe with your WHOLE HEART that you are capable, worthy and ENOUGH to pull this off.
DO NOT READ PERFECT HERE.
- Progress not perfection
- Progress not perfection
- Progress not perfection.
TRANSFORMATION IS NOT A FUTURE EVENT. IT IS A PRESENT ACTIVITY. – Jillian Michaels (thank you Jessie for setting e straight on this quote)
Transformation IS happening. Every time you choose into this work.
Do you all know what I mean by “choose in?”
- When you hug and melt into it
- When you breathe it out
- When you connect
- When you get curious
- When you drop your shoulders
- When you’re mindful
- When you step away
- When you try something new
- When you interrupt your pattern
- When you acknowledge your self talk, and replace it with an affirmation
- When you drop the urgency
- When you drop the rigidity
- When you listen to your body
- When you look for perspective
- When you remember the iceberg
- When you let go of what society, your parents, your neighbors, your inlaws think you SHOULD DO
- When you let your heart lead
- When you honor you
ALL OF THIS IS CHOOSING IN.
So DO IT!
And when it is hard, just own that – THIS MORNING IS FUCKING HARD! Maybe don’t scream it out loud, but acknowledge that it IS hard some days. And exhausting. And thankless.
AND, you GET TO choos in.
You GET TO.
You are being CALLED TO THIS WORK, otherwise, why would you be doing it? Why would you be reading the books and article and listening to the podcast???
I see you. I know you are listening. I know you are trying. I know that your heart swells with love when you look at your sleeping child, and that your mind spins when that same child is awake and impossibly inconsolable….. I see you.
And you can do this. You ARE doing this.
And I see you.
Joyful Courage Academy
If you want to go next level, I mean REALLY next level – with support and community right there with you, consider the Joyful Courage Academy.
This is five weeks of deep diving, exploring, practicing, stretching and growing.
Members of the academy will enjoy weekly webinars where we will all be LIVE together, on the screen, interacting in real time around the weeks lessons
ALSO members will enjoy weekly Q and A sessions with me, again, LIVE together
They will enjoy an safe, supporting and ENGAGED FB group for accountability, sharing and celebration.
And VIP members will also receive two one on one coaching calls with me during the course.
The learning outcomes of this program are:
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of behavior and create a vision for their parenting
- Participants will identify where gaps exist and learn tools for strengthening relationships and expectations
- Participants will learn language that empowers, inspire and motivates their family.
- Participants will grow their leadership through proactive and in the moment practices
- Participants will uncover the deep wisdom that ALREADY exists inside of themselves and use it to show up and design their life
Sign up now at www.joyfulcourage.com/academy
Love each and every one of you so much!!!!
Are you interested in bringing A Mother’s Journey to your community? Get in touch with me! All MJ workshops happening because people like you reach out and say COME! Fill the room with the mamas you love and enjoy a say of love and learning. Email Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility.
All the goods at www.joyfulcourage.com/yes
Back by popular demand!! The Joyful Courage intention bracelets are back in stock and I am THRILLED to have been able to have had the community vote on the reminders that are on them…. Breathe, Pause, Trust, Surrender, Kindness – what do you need?
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
What do you think about the Daily Intention Cards??? These cards are designed to support you in your conscious, intentional parenting practice.
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on Apple Podcast to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast to help me spread the show to an ever-larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!