Become a Joyful Courage PATRON!
You can now find Joyful Courage at http://www.patreon.com/joyfulcourage and make a contribution to the show that you love! This is a opportunity for you to sign up to make a monthly financial commitment and support the sustainability of the podcast.
Solo Show – woop woop! It is all me today people, and I am so excited to be sharing some powerful thoughts and experiences with you today.
- Wading through our experience to support out children
- The writing process
- Going deeper into what parents can uncover/discover for themselves
- We have an external experience of raising kids – everything that happens outside of us
- We also are having an internal experience – the ways that our physical body feels, sensations, also the emotional experience that we are having, what gets brought up by the external stimuli
- External and internal are both happening at the same time
- Based on what our experiences have been in life, our relationships in life, we have a lens that we see the world out of
- Sometimes the internal response “works” for us
- We have a well wired survival system – amygdala – but our survival system isn’t always what is needed in our daily life
- The pendulum swing of raising/living with teens – everything is great until it is not, parents are the anchor that witness/hold space and it’s hard to remember that the behavior is a pendulum swing. Connect /loving vs dysregulation/discouragement
- We (parents) go into “fix it” mode
- Alternative – recognizing what is happening physically in my body, seeing what is happening for me, what is the lens I am looking out of?
- Fear – tension in the body – belly/jaw
- When kids feel discouraged, they tend to want to share the feeling with others
- Looking below the surface - the iceberg metaphor
- Today is a reminder that there is so much going on under the surface…. Curiosity as a guide AND it’s ok and important to recognize where you are at physically/emotionally and taking a pause to get yourself together
Small group coaching
Head to the Live and Love with Joyful Courage to find a time that works for you.
Living Joyful Courage MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
I would love LOVE to have you in the membership. It’s some good learning and community – EXACTLY what you need to transform the climate of your home.
Check it out à www.joyfulcourage.com/living-jc
Mother’s Journey BALTIMORE
EARLY BIRD PRICE THROUGH June 15th!
Come to Baltimore in July 28th!! Super excited to be circling up with mama’s to bring more connection, self growth and discovery to the community there! More info can be found at www.joyfulcourage.com/mothersjourney
Are you interested in bringing A Mother’s Journey to your community? Get in touch with me! All MJ workshops happening because people like you reach out and say COME! Fill the room with the mamas you love and enjoy a say of love and learning. Email Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility.
All the goods at www.joyfulcourage.com/yes
Back by popular demand!! The Joyful Courage intention bracelets are back in stock and I am THRILLED to have been able to have had the community vote on the reminders that are on them…. Breathe, Pause, Trust, Surrender, Kindness – what do you need?
DAILY INTENTION CARDS
What do you think about the Daily Intention Cards??? These cards are designed to support you in your conscious, intentional parenting practice.
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on Apple Podcast to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast to help me spread the show to an ever-larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!