Kerry Foreman is a Registered Psychotherapist, with her Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. She is passionate about Mindfulness and has been practicing and teaching for 4 years. Kerry lives in Monument, Colorado with her patient husband, a teenager, a tween and two rescue dogs, Norman and Fern. Through using Mindfulness to increase her self awareness, she realized that during her childhood she had learned and practiced faulty coping skills. She targeted them one by one, and slowly changed the cycles of her family, learned new behaviors, and worked to create new, positive habits for life. She did this in order to have a successful marriage and to be the kind of Mom she wanted to be. She is passionate about her ability to create change. Change your thinking and it changes your life.
REGISTRATION OPENS SATURDAY!
Woohhooo --- so happy to be opening the doors again to the membership program! Now is the time – join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Recognition of FOO (Family of Origin) patterns and the call to make changes
- Psychological/verbal/emotional abuse trains us react rather than respond
- Noticing patterns such as shame, guilt and anger – where do they originate?
- Becoming a parent can bring these to the surface. How do we recognize where we need to change?
- Learning to respond instead if react
- Understand and reflect on our own parents’ experience
- Creating change and becoming aware of our own inner state of being
- Mindfulness practice influences the shift into better relationships
- How do we become grounded in order to stay balanced and present in mind no matter what is happening around us?
- Where control plays a role in mindfulness and the contrast in anxiety
- What do we chose to believe – what is the story we play in our minds?
- Self talk of being a victim – recognizing the language
- Expectations of others and how to stay mindful and in control while at the same time releasing what we are not in control of.
What does Joyful Courage mean to me?
“Joyful Courage is finding the joy in being brave enough to parent differently. Finding a new path in order to allow our kids to be who they were meant to be.”
Where to find Kerry:
“Being a part of the Living Joyful Courage Membership Program has encouraged me to continue practicing to be parent and person that I want to be. I choose my experience to situations. There's no easy answer to fix my kids behavior… It is more about how I be with my kids that creates a good experience versus what I do to make them listen to me.
Since starting this practice I feel stronger connection with my kinds, I feel a shift in myself, and I believe I am the perfect mom for my kids…
Other should consider program because the parenting journey is not easy, and it's an ongoing practice. The support and information Casey provides, with emails, webinars, and coaching calls is so beneficial, and she provides it in a way that is easy to understand and put directly in the practice I have also found there is so much value in a tribe of parents sharing experiences, willing to listen, and offering encouragement and it reminds me that I am not alone on this journey.”
Be a Subscriber
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Joyful Courage Podcast on iTunes to get the latest shows STRAIGHT to your device!! AND PLEASE rate and review the Joyful Courage Parenting Podcast on iTunes to help me spread the show to an ever larger audience!!
CLICK HERE to watch a video that shows up how to subscribe with your iPhone!